Victorian Fiction and Finance
- 222 Downloads
'Her,' which was written and directed by Spike Jonze, takes romance into the virtual realm, and its hero on a gently crazed journey of genuine passion. Joaquin Phoenix is the poignantly lonely guy who falls in love with his smartphone's new operating system. The basic conceit is a fragile one, but it's beautifully and bravely developed, as well as elegantly photographed by Hoyte Van Hoytema, with perfectly calibrated performances by Mr. Phoenix, Amy Adams and Scarlett Johansson, who is that system's voice and soul.
Some of the biggest winners of the night included Lambert, Eric Church, Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan. Lambert led the pack with three wins for Female Vocalist of the Year, Single Record of the Year and Song of the Year for "Over You."
13. “Girlhood” (Céline Sciamma)
瑞士洛桑国际管理发展学院(IMD)和西班牙Iese商学院(Iese Business School)稳坐英国《金融时报》两份高管教育榜单榜首。英国《金融时报》2017年高管教育排行榜开放招生课程和定制课程两份排名的头两名，均由这两所学校包揽。
6. 《火星救援》(The Martian)。在布满红色岩石的山坡与丘陵之间，雷利·斯科特(Ridley Scott)这部非常令人满意的太空西部片既源自一个历史悠久的类型，也源自他的殿堂级遗产。
The other two tweets from Obama that made the list were posted when he was leaving the office.
One of the main strengths of the LBS programmes is the wide range of students from different countries. More than 90 per cent in its 2015 MBA cohort were from overseas, coming from about 60 different countries.
2. “Inside Out” (Pete Docter)
- Bagehot, Walter. Lombard Street. 1873. Vol. 5 in The Works of Walter Bagehot, edited by R.H. Hutton and Forrest Morgan. Hartford: Traveler’s Insurance, 1889. Google Scholar
- Best, Geoffrey. Mid-Victorian Britain 1851–1875. London: Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1971.Google Scholar
- Collini, Stefan. Public Moralists: Political Thought and Intellectual Life in Britain 1850–1930. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- Davis, David Brion. The Problem of Slavery in the Age of Revolution, 1770–1823. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- Gagnier, Regenia. The Insatiability of Human Wants: Economics and Aesthetics in Market Society. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- Gallagher, Catherine. The Body Economic: Life, Death, and Sensation in Political Economy and the Victorian Novel. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 2006.Google Scholar
- Gleadle, Kathryn. British Women in the Nineteenth Century. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2001.Google Scholar
- Gooch, Joshua. The Victorian Novel, Service Work, and the Nineteenth-Century Economy. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.Google Scholar
- Grossberg, Lawrence. Cultural Studies in the Future Tense. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2010.Google Scholar
- Holloway, Gerry. Women and Work in Britain Since 1840. London: Routledge, 2005.Google Scholar
- Kornbluh, Anna. Realizing Capital: Financial and Psychic Economies in Victorian Form. New York: Fordham University Press, 2014.Google Scholar
- Piketty, Thomas. Capital in the Twenty-First Century, translated by Arthur Goldhammer. Cambridge, Mass: Belknap Press, 2014.Google Scholar
- Poovey, Mary. Introduction. The Financial System in Nineteenth Century Britain, 12–19. New York: Oxford University Press, 2003.Google Scholar
- ———. Genres of the Credit Economy: Mediating Value in Eighteenth and Nineteenth-Century Britain. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2008.Google Scholar