The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- 电商与家装渠道崛起 门窗企业“马太效应”凸显
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 惠州首个棚户区改造项目召开听证会 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 三棵树荣获2015年中国绿色建材企业创新奖 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 北京保障房任务已超额完成 至11月底已竣工90517套: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 相关部门启动摸底首套房贷利息情况 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Promote all-round economic, political, cultural, social, and ecological progress
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 2014年九成佛山陶瓷企业将外迁 腾巢发展房地产
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 统计局：前7月全国城镇固定资产投资355798亿元 同比增5.5%
- Teach First自成立以来将5000名毕业生送入学校任教，与低收入地区的逾100万学生合作，帮助提高了教学质量，尤其是伦敦地区的教学质量。
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
A Times reporter, Denise Grady, went inside an operating room to observe an experimental technique to treat severe spina bifida in a 24-week-old fetus. The doctors performing the surgery hope it will result in superior outcomes for children born with the disorder. Their first 28 surgeries have seen good results so far. Jan. 14 is the due date for the mother who was the subject of the article.
Curry scored 27 points and the defending champions moved within one victory of matching the best start in NBA history, holding off the Chicago Bulls 106-94 on Friday night to improve to 14-0.